Some classic quotes from Tuesday's clip...
BERT: Maggie means nothing to me, you know that.
MILDRED: (to herself)I wish I could believe it...(to him) you'd better run down and apologize or she won't play gin rummy with you anymore. It is gin rummy, isn't it?
**************
VEDA: If you bought the uniform for Lottie, and I certainly can't imagine who else you could have bought it for, then why shouldn't she wear it?
MILDRED: You've been snooping around ever since I got this job, trying to find out what it is. And now you know! You know, don't you?
VEDA: (insolently) Know what? Know what, Mother?
MILDRED: You knew when you gave that uniform to Lottie that it was mine, didn't you?
VEDA: (pretending badly) Your uniform?
MILDRED: Yes, I'm waiting tables in a downtown restaurant.
VEDA: My mother - a waitress.

Comments

Popular Posts